Pippa & Dronie is an illustrated children’s book that takes students on an adventure with scientists and drone professionals, to explore the different ways modern STEM skills are used to gather data, and solve real world challenges. Dronie flies through whale snot to collect DNA samples (urgh yuck, but kinda cool), maps coral on the Great Barrier Reef, and in Kakadu National Park a crocodile even tries to jump up and grab her!
- Create positive perceptions of STEM and Geography.
- Meet real scientists and drone professionals and explore what they do.
- Explore the interactive coding game to go beyond the book.
- Be exposed to great STEM role models and the real world applications of drones.
This Pippa and Dronie Large Classroom Kit includes everything a teacher needs to bring the book to life in their classroom and introduce students to block coding.
- All lessons are mapped to the Australian Curriculum and each lesson has its own learning intentions.
- The lessons cover Science, Literacy, Maths, Geography, Design and Digital Technologies; and Health and PE and incorporate cross-curriculum priorities including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Histories and Cultures.
- Learn how technology can be used to support problem-solving.
What is an Image Mat?
- 30 x Pippa & Dronie Books
- 2 x Pippa & Dronie Big Book
- Image Mat Single
- Dronie Plushie
- Teaching Resources (11 Lessons, Rubric and Activity Sheets)
- Dronie Coding Game App
- Dronie Coding Game Web-based
- Coding Game Printables
- Author Reading – Video
The Image Mat is fantastic for students can walk out the code and imagine they are Dronie, flying over the whale. Our standard Image Mat is a 2m x 2m Fabric Banner that weighs 250g.
Click the links below to start learning how to code with Pippa & Dronie. Free to get started,
Apple App store
Tailoring Teaching to Learning – Customised Programs Available.
At She Maps, we know that each school is unique. Whilst we have a range of products and programs that you can purchase directly, we can also tailor our programs to meet the individual needs of the school, teachers or students. Got something in mind? Simply ask us!
|How to make a purchase
||Simply select the products and programs you wish to order or purchase. Press proceed to checkout and choose one of the following options.
- Pay by direct bank transfer (no fee)
- Credit Card Payment (1.75% fee)
|Schedule a Meeting
||Click here to schedule a time that works best for you.
||1300 895 795
|Raise a purchase order/pay via direct transfer
||1. Select products and programs and ‘Add to cart’.
2. Proceed to ‘Checkout’.
3. Select ‘Pay by Direct Bank Transfer’.
4. Press ‘Place order’..
5. Receive ‘Order Confirmation’ email (check junk folder if not in inbox).
6. Use this to obtain a purchase order (if required) and process the payment using our bank details in the ‘Order Confirmation’ email..
7. Email [email protected] with remittance advice.
8. Order with then be delivered / provided.
||Click here to join our Private Facebook Group for exclusive drone and geospatial education tips, tricks and hacks.