Drone Education Expert and Leader Paul Mead
Business Leader, Educator, and She Maps Co-Founder
Paul is passionate about leadership and building high performing teams. Paul has worked in high performance environments for 20+ years, and been lucky enough to have a range of experiences around the world during his working career to date, including:
- 11 years in the New Zealand Army as an Engineer Officer, serving overseas and leading a construction team in Vanuatu, a bomb disposal team in Lebanon, an Engineer team in Afghanistan, and a logistics team in Australia.
- Teaching sport and recreation in a Middle and High School in Darwin.
- Leading a $4M sport program for the NT Government.
- Developing performance protocols for the NT Thunder (NEAFL competition).
- Consulting to National and State Sporting Organisations in Australia around leadership, governance, and sport pathways.
- Speaking at, and facilitating business leadership workshops and conferences for businesses and the Institute of Managers and Leaders.
Since 2017, Paul has led the strategic development and business operations of She Maps as the Managing Director, alongside Karen.
In 2016, Paul was recognised for his commitment to leadership excellence and was the National winner of the Institute of Managers and Leaders (then AIM) Emerging Leader of the Year. In 2019 he became a Chartered Manager with the Institute of Managers and Leaders. Recognised by Royal Charter, it is the highest status that can be achieved by a manager or leader internationally.
Paul is a regular contributor to leadership discussions, and is passionate about supporting emerging leaders and small businesses, and you will sometimes find him also teaching our programs.
In his spare time, he is trying to finish a MPhil through UQ, and is an U10 Age Manager (aka cat herder) for junior surf life saving.
If you would like Paul to speak at a business or leadership event, then please get in touch.